Day 62 - 12/03/22 - Melbourne, Australia

 We arrived on time in Melbourne despite having one engine offline.  Since we had mostly packeted up the night before, we just had to do last minute hand carry items.  Around 8:45am we headed off the ship and were stopped At security as it looked as if we were departing the ship since we were rolling off luggage and had backpacks on..  I was quizzed by the security officer who then called the front desk.  He then handed the phone to me and I explained that we were just overnighting with friends and would be back on the ship and that I had reported all of this to the front desk 4 days earlier.  I assured him that we were just overnighting and we'd be back before 4:30pm on Sunday night.  With that we were free to depart.  And we did.  


We met our exchange daughter at the end of the pier and were whisked off to her home in the suburbs.  The rest of our time was spent doing family things which I'll not recount here, but I will mention that we have now seen the first half of the Lord of the Rings first movie, The Fellowship of the Ring.  It was really cool to see things in the movie that we had seen in person.


With that, I'll resume the blog on board tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 27- 10/29/22 At sea to Alotau, Papua New Guinea - Day 2

Day 61 - 12/02/22 - At Sea to Melbourne, Australia

Day 64 - 12/05/22 - At Sea to Sydney, Australia