Day 17 - 10/19/22 - At Sea to Suva, Fiji

 Last night we gained an hour as we set our Mr clocks back to the Suva, Fiji time zone. So we woke up rested for a nice and relaxing sea day.


Rachel's coffee chat was supposed to be with Janice Martin, multi-instrumentalist.  But she was a no show and the Media Coordinator, Thommy, was the surprise guest.  As an Indonesian, he was the first one of that nationality to hold the position which is responsible for the Navigator app and the daily program.  The position normally filled by Americans or Canadians because of their understanding of English.  He was enthusiastic and engaging.


While Angela went to her seaday jam session, I attended the port talk for Dravuni Island and Lautoka.  I spent the rest of the morning reading more of my Alexander Hamilton biography. After lunch it was more reading until the 3pm Lincoln Center Stage performance of Mozart music and the Meet the Artist Q&A session afterwards.  


The evening entertainment was Janice Martin who apologized for her no show at the coffee chat.  She closed her show with a rendition of Amazing Grace.  We then attended a couple sets of Billboard Onboard where the theme was Piano only accompaniment songs.  


I should note that sometime earlier in the cruise in Hawaii, the fabled 10:30pm buffet, or feeding as I call it, now runs from 10-11pm.


As I walked back to the stateroom I passed through the photo shop and noted a picture of a dolphin in the photo contest submissions that suspiciously like one I had taken back in 2019.  I found my photo and they are amazingly similar in camera angle but taken 3 years apart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 27- 10/29/22 At sea to Alotau, Papua New Guinea - Day 2

Day 61 - 12/02/22 - At Sea to Melbourne, Australia

Day 10 - 10/11/22 - Kona, Hawaii