Day 11 - 10/12/22 - At Sea to Samoa - Day 1
There's nothing quite being awakened from a deep sleep at 4:25am by the PA announcement tones and the Captain's voice saying, "Please pardon this early interruption. We have an emergency medical helicopter evacuation of a guest by a US Coast Guard helicopter in progress. Please stay clear of the outside decks. We had to return to Hawaii to be in range of the helicopter." I checked our position and track and computed we turned around about midnight. I further determined it was dark out so I maintained a prone position but notified family members and our pastor that we were okay. He was tracking us and would see that we turned around. After breakfast we attended the 9am coffee chat with Racheal and Jenna, HR representative. It was interesting and we learned that the crew is free to come to guest events in civilian clothes and that they have some specific areas above the waterline they can visit and recreate in. There's also a a section of the Lido...


Comments
Post a Comment